With the almost unnoticeable distinction between cigar humidors and cigar cases, size is relatively important. Unlike humidors, cigar cases are a bit more personal and definitely a cool gift wrapper if you wish to present a fresh cigar to a friend or business associate.
Best Selling Cigar Case 2017
Considerations for the Best Cigar Case
However, the major considerations for purchasing cigar cases are not to be overlooked. Some of these considerations include:
When it comes to storage, the material used to is a major priority. It needs to be of good quality, preferably leather, and hard enough to resist a reasonable amount of pressure and not be pressed easily. Being waterproof is not a bad idea. Although leather is not completely waterproof, ABS plastic is a better alternative.
Size and Shape
Being a cigar case does not stop it from containing more than one cigar. Some cigar cases can contain about three to four cigars and still look as stylish as fashion trends approve. Depending on the purpose, you can get cigar cases that accommodate s much cigars as necessary and still give that classy cigar look in terms of the size and shape.
One of the cool features of cigar cases is having accessories that you would normally find burdensome to carry along. These accessories include cutters, humidifiers, lighters and other portable accessories that fit into whatever brand you have decided to choose.
With the best features, the best cigars don’t have to be overpriced. At a reasonable price, you ca get the best out of cigar cases, and have much more love for your cigar.
Reviews of the Best Cigar Cases 2017
The cigar cases below have been chosen and reviewed in accordance with the buying guide briefly explained above. With these products, the best cigar experience is guaranteed.
UsefulThingy Cigar Case
This is a crocodile leather cigar case, with a stainless steel cutter which comes in two colors – light brown and dark brown skillfully designed by Usefulthingy. At $25.95 you get a high quality case perfect for carrying your cigars in a safe way for travels or a leisure outing. It is a very stylish and beautiful 3 cigar case that holds up to 51 ring gauge and a cutter of 0.8 hole diameter. It weighs 4.8 ounces without the cigars in it with a dimension of 7.2 x 4 x 1.5 inches.
- It is very sturdy and keeps your cigars from getting pressed.
- Comes with a stainless steel cutter.
- You get to keep your cigars and cutter in one place.
- Great customer service.
- 30 days money back guarantee.
- It doesn’t have a strong smell compared to other leather cigar cases.
- The stainless cutter is not very sharp.
- It is made with artificial leather.
Cigar Caddy® 3400- The Best Travel Cigar Case
When travelling, if keeping your cigars where it is absolutely safe even through a rough and bumpy ride, you should go for the Cigar Caddy® 3400. This cigar case is molded with very strong ABS plastic and hold up to five Churchill cigars, has an airtight seal, can float on water and is water proof up to 100ft deep. When storing your cigars in this case for a rather long trip, you don’t have to worry about your cigar drying out as it comes with one humidifier disc in the top lid. It seals very tightly with stainless steel latch hinges and two replaceable locking clasps, has an inner dimension of 7.88″ x 3.97″ x 1.55″ and an outer dimension of 8.80″ x 5.18″ x 2.08″ which sells at an affordable price of $21.00 only.
- It is a very tough impact resistant case.
- It is very affordable high quality plastic cigar case.
- Its interior is lined with foam to protect your cigars.
- You can also use this case for transporting your vaping items
- The removable design of the clasps makes it pop off most of the time.
- The humidifier disk can damage the cigar closest to it.
- It a bit heavy.
- Compared with leather cases, storing it in your bag can be a bit difficult.
XiKar X-treme Protection Rugged Cigar Travel Case 5ct
XiKar provides you with this watertight, crushproof and silicone airtight ABS molded plastic for keeping your cigars in a good and ready to smoke state. This case weights 12.8 ounces and has the capacity to hold 2” x 41/2” x 81/2” x 8″ x 54 ring gauge. The case is beautifully lined with egg crate style foam to reduce cigar movement and comes with its very own humidifier. This case is very affordable at $19.81 without compromising on high quality standard plastic cigar case.
- It is very strong and crushproof.
- Stores up to 50 to 54 ring gauge cigars.
- It has an airtight and waterproof seal.
- Has very tight pressure seals which ensures nothing gets in or out.
- It can be used to carry your e cig equipments.
- The egg crate style leaves imprints on your cigars and doesn’t stop the cigars from sliding.
- It doesn’t close properly with 54 ring gauge cigars in it.
- The humidifier sponge is permanently attached to the humidifier.
- The pressure seals are so tight getting the case to open might become a problem.
Black cigar Travel Leather Case Holder
The Prestige Import Group Blackcigar Travel Leather Case Holder are of two types; the two cigar travel leather case which sells at $9.95 and the three cigar travel leather case selling at $10.87, depending on how much you plan on smoking on your trip. This is a black sleeve style cigar case made from bonded leather. It blends well with your style and doesn’t give a bulky ugly look to your outfit; it fit well in your pocket as it has a dimension of 7.3 x 3.7 x 1.3” and weighs only 5.6 ounces which makes it very easy to carry around with you.
- It is a very affordable leather case.
- It can hold up to 7″ to 8″ cigars.
- Its two pieces sleeve style fits together very snugly which makes it airtight.
- It is portable and can be transported easily.
- It has a very strong and unpleasant smell.
- You need to be careful about placing items on this leather case as it is not crush resistant and might lead to your cigars getting pressed.
- Cannot contain larger cigars.
- Not advisable for a relatively long trip.
Perfecto 3-cigar Case
At $9.79, this is the most affordable three cigar plastic case; this black cigar case by Other Quality Humidors is crafted with ABS plastic with the capacity to hold up to three 8 inches long and 50 rig gauge cigars. It is a very good mix between affordability and quality, perfect for transporting your cigars without having to worry about them being crumpled. It weighs 3.2 ounces, has a dimension of 6.8 x 4 x 1.3 inches and comes with its own humidification device which ensures your cigars stay in superb smoking condition.
- It is a very affordable plastic cigar case.
- The ABS Plastic mould is press resistant.
- It has the capacity to holdup to 8” long cigars with 50 ring gauge.
- The inbuilt humidifier ensures your cigar stays moist and ready to smoke.
- Turning the case upside down might spill the humidifier and ruin you cigars.
- It is flat rather than round on the sides.
Mantello Black Leather Cigar Case with Interior Cedar Lining
If travelling in style is your thing, this black leather cigar case is made with genuine leather by Mantello Cigars selling at a very affordable price of $19.9 when compared with other genuine leather cases selling on the market. It is a very fast selling cigar case that fits three cigars and can be adjusted to comfortably fit the length of your cigars. It has a size of 6.8 x 3.2 x 1.7 inches and weighs 6.4 ounces with interior cedar lining, premium quality stainless steel at both ends of the case to make it crush proof and a very beautiful brushed finish to suit your style.
- It is made by a cigar company.
- It is a very sturdy plastic cigar case.
- It slides to adjust and fit the length of your cigar.
- Has a very nice cedar scent.
- It comes with a very strong leather and glue smell that is difficult to air out.
- It is not crush proof.
The key is to remember the core reasons for getting the case in the first place. Do not be so carried away with the other features that you would compromise on the comfort of your cigars. They must not be so tightened that they cannot breathe or are pressed easily on impact.
Make sure you create a balance between class and convenience during purchase.